- This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks ago by .
We are planning our first 1 acre truffle orchard in Virginia 7a. We’re in the process of learning how to best prepare the plot. The spot we’ve identified currently hosts 4 year old shrub pine and tulip poplar. We plan to remove the trees, but we have questions about the existing roots systems.
- How clean of residual roots should the plot be?
- Should we remove all roots from every tree that every existed in the 1 acre plot?
- Can we leave deep roots, and remove the surface roots?
- Does all the soil need either to be screened or tilled (or both)? If so, the what depth?
Thank you for your advice and assistance.
David LeRoux & Family
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.