Forums About Equipment Equipment Reviews Ryker Ratcheting loppers and pruning shears

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Karen Passafaro
      Participant

I know everyone has been very busy pruning so I wanted to share my new favorite tools; ratcheting loppers and shears.  Mine are from Ryker, but you may find other brands as well.  They are VERY powerful and I love them!!  The small shears work great for the hazelnut suckers and the larger loppers take care of the really big oak or hazelnut branches.  https://rykertools.com/

Karen Passafaro
        Participant
          Up
          Down
          ::

The ratcheting feature allows you to cut through very large branches with ease.  They provide a lot of power without stressing your hand.  If you have never used a ratcheting tool, you really need to check it out.    The blades are very sharp and they clean up nicely.  I will probably try out their replacement blades at some point.  I have to be honest that these are the first ratcheting tools that I have used, so others may have additional brands to recommend, so we look forward to hearing from you.

Fabrice Caporal
          Keymaster
            Up
            Down

Karen, thank you for the suggestion.  In your opinion, what makes them stand apart from others that you have used? What makes it your favorite?

Elise Baker
            Participant
              Up
              Down

I have to agree with Karen, If you have never tried ratcheting tools, they are a must. They grip on the first easy squeeze, then continue cutting deeper with each consecutive squeeze. They don’t rely on strength and require minimum effort to get maximum result.

Karen Passafaro
              Participant
                Up
                Down

Thanks Elise!  You did a much better job describing how ratcheting tools work.  “minimum effort to get maximum result” says it all.  You should definitely try one out.  In California we also have a lot of work every year on ‘fire hardening’ and limbing up trees and removing a lot of brush and fire fuel.  The larger lopper with telescopic handles has come in very handy outside the orchard as well!

Viewing 4 reply threads
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.